You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving issues with latest Beta update

I'm not sure what's going on here but I just updated my publisher Beta (as the program suggested). Now all the sudden I can't save a particular document. Every time I try to make a change to the file and save I get an error message. (I'll attach it so someone can see what it is.) It seems to maybe be only related to this file? I've opened a few other Affinity publisher files, created a change, and saved without an issue. I've also created a few new files and saved without a problem. I'm not sure if its beta related or somehow my file became corrupt either way could use a little help!

affinity error.PNG

The same error. I noticed that this error occurs when I copy the embedded document in the Affinity Publisher and paste it again. I copied the SVG file created by Affinity Designer. When I place a file as a normal object, the error does not occur and I can save the document. I do not use NAS or external drive, this error occurs while saving file to local drive.

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

• Staff

This problem has been solved. Please download the latest beta, currently 1.7.0.174 but any later one would be pinned to the top of the forum

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.