You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.167

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: None

Hi, we have a preview of Publisher build 167 now available. It is currently provided as a manual download from the link above.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

Fixes

This build has been issued to fix the 'Failed to Save Document' issue that some testers are experiencing with build 162. 

This issue could arise if Embedded Documents were placed on master pages or were duplicated on regular pages.

Other Updates and Fixes

Preview Mode
- Added 'Preview Mode' to the main toolbar. Will only be visible after 'Clear User Defaults'

Other Fixes
- Placed PDFs not displaying at correct size
- Changing substitution fonts can crash app
- Fixed Master Page tool tips in Layers Panel
- Fixed two specific document load crashes
- Fixed Pages panel redraw issue after converting artboards to spreads
- Fixed crash when resetting keyboard shortcuts (Mac)
- Fixed possible crash applying Table formats
- Updated representation of Non-breaking Space when viewing special characters
- Reviewed Thin Space handling
- Added / updated default shortcut keys for File > Place, View > Masters
- Changed default shortcut for Preview Mode

Note that default shortcut key changes will only be visible after 'Clear User Defaults'

Earlier Release Notes beta #162

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

- Reviewed Thin Space handling

Update went without a problem here.

Can anyone explain what 'Thin Space handling' is?

Thanks (for the update and any explanation),
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks A-team.

Everthing went fine as always.

Thanks expecially for:

• Placed PDFs not displaying at correct size
  •  Added default shortcut keys for File > Place

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

31 minutes ago, jobeyb said:

Guess what. Still getting setup failed. Not got a lot of hair left!

Tried restarting.

I notice there is nothing about curing setup failed in updates and fixes. Perhaps they've not noticed!

Hi jobeyb

Can you go to %temp%/AffinitySetup in file explorer and in the folders see if there is a Setup.log and a SetupUI.log you can attach for us to look into. We are aware of the problem and are trying to track it down

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello, update to .167 failed. Install ok, but when starting the program error message:
The instruction in 0x7723f157 references memory 0x00000050. The read operation could not be performed in memory. "
Have the .162 reinstalled -> works.
System: WIN7 64, 16GB RAM
Please help.

Here the Setup-Files

SetupUI.log

Setup.log

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

Download and installation without problems.
For me was the first test positive.
Makes  keep it up.

Cheers

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Easy install on Windows 10. also noticed that the Startup time has improved a lot.

Best regards!

20 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi jobeyb

Can you go to %temp%/AffinitySetup in file explorer and in the folders see if there is a Setup.log and a SetupUI.log you can attach for us to look into. We are aware of the problem and are trying to track it down

Cheers

Hi Chris_K

Checked log, got this - see attached. But AP was installed from download folder - I think. Is there some way to check?

error.jpg

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Antoine_neth said:

If I will choose the options BOLD or ITALIC, after I have changed the color of (a part of the)  text the "buttons" of these options are "down" as a result of the change of color.

Why does the fact that I changed the color influence these buttons? 

Please post this again into a new thread. This thread is for installing problems or difficulty running the application.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon