You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.167

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi, we have a preview of Publisher build 167 now available. It is currently provided as a manual download from the link above.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

Fixes

This build has been issued to fix the 'Failed to Save Document' issue that some testers are experiencing with build 162. 

This issue could arise if Embedded Documents were placed on master pages or were duplicated on regular pages.

Other Updates and Fixes

Preview Mode
- Added 'Preview Mode' to the main toolbar. Will only be visible after 'Clear User Defaults'

Other Fixes
- Placed PDFs not displaying at correct size
- Changing substitution fonts can crash app
- Fixed Master Page tool tips in Layers Panel
- Fixed two specific document load crashes
- Fixed Pages panel redraw issue after converting artboards to spreads
- Fixed crash when resetting keyboard shortcuts (Mac)
- Fixed possible crash applying Table formats
- Updated representation of Non-breaking Space when viewing special characters
- Reviewed Thin Space handling
- Added / updated default shortcut keys for File > Place, View > Masters
- Changed default shortcut for Preview Mode

Note that default shortcut key changes will only be visible after 'Clear User Defaults'

Earlier Release Notes beta #162

Thanks for the update...

Was not expecting this today...you have been busy!

Place PDF worked
Duplicate page containing placed PDF worked

Brilliant thank you:)

Found a little issue with the page label though

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• Staff
4 minutes ago, bgeal said:

What is the new shortcut for preview mode? And how do I 'Clear User Defaults'?

Switched to F10. Please press <Ctrl> before you launch the app. At the dialog check 'Clear User Defaults'. Be aware this will reset you toolbars and keyboard shortcuts if you have customised them.

Setup did complete this time, but I get

"The instruction at 0x7736f157 referenced memory 0x00000050. The memory could not be read." error.

Do you actually test these updates in Windows?

From 1.7.0.162 install has failed and if I try to go back to an earlier version those now fail too!

• Staff
1 hour ago, Ecifircas said:

Is the symbol for the preview mode a windshield wiper? :D

Yup.... we're not sold on it. Please make suggestions... in the suggestions forum ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for this update.
Dowloading now and will revert as soon as i get it installed.

Blessings!

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Just downloaded v. 167.   Smooth as satin -- as usual.   MAC Sierra.   I have installed it as a separate version, keeping v. 162.    Every document I have created from v. 145 through 162 has opened perfectly.   Granted, I saved the 145's in v. 157, then the 157's in v. 162, and now the 162's in v. 167.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Just a heads up, the last few days I've been using v162 and I never got any update reminders; this is on my laptop, iMac and Mac Mini.

All were running v162 and it was only yesterday when I was browsing the bugs forum that I thought about checking my version number and it was v162. I'd quit and opened it several times throughout the day and the update never alerted me that I should update to v167.

On both versions, when I clicked 'About…', it said I was running 1.7.0 which was the latest version.

Just wanted to flag this up with you as there could be people out there who are still running v162.

I'd like to take the opportunity to give the devs a pat on the back here. The improvements made since the first beta (and made so quickly) give me real confidence in moving from Indesign to Publisher as and when its ready.

Keep up the good work chaps.

P.S. You're going to give Adobe a run for its money - any chance we can buy shares in the company? ;)