Ben Thomas

Exporting .cube LUTs then using them does not work properly.

Hello, so in Affinity Photo I had a chain of adjustment layers that I wanted to export to an LUT (specifically in the .cube format) but after I did and put the LUT on another image, it turned it a brown colour and that's not what it should've looked like. But when I export the LUT to a .3dl, it shows up fine on the image. I just really want to have the .cube format so I can use it in other software.

Hi Ben Thomas,

Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for your report, unfortunately this is a known issue that is with development to be fixed. I'll get the issue bumped with your comments now. 

Ben & Dan, the only reason I picked this software was for the LUT export. I feel that I have been duped. Looking at the forums, this is over a year old issue. I do not think they are trying to fix it. 

12 hours ago, epfd said:

I do not think they are trying to fix it. 

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

The statement quoted above is based on what evidence?  If you take the time to read through the large number of threads where bugs have been described, accepted and fixed by the developers, I think you may wish to amend your statement more than a little.  9_9

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.