Jony.Who

Gen 3 iPad Pro Support

Greetings everyone

Any word on when there’ll be native Gen 3 iPad Pro support (as in supporting the new display as well as supporting new Pencil double-taps)?  Love AD, it’s my absolute favorite app on iPad Pro

I'm running Affinity Photo 1.6.9.81 on the gen 3 12.9" iPad Pro, the gen 2 12.9" iPad Pro and a gen 1 9.7" iPad Pro.  I have found that the brand spanking new, A12 Bionic chip-enabled iPad Pro is significantly slower to open files than the two older iPads.  I'm testing using the sample images, and it's around 9 seconds longer to open them.  Is there something about the new device for which Affinity Photo isn't optimized?

3 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi nosillacast,
There will be an update to the iOS versions soon to add support for the new iPads. Let us know if you still have trouble (loading times) opening files then.

Thanks - will stand by. Not a critical issue for me. I just noticed it when I was searching for apps I own that would show off the new processor. So far I can’t find any that are faster. Was surprised to find this one thing so much slower. If you want me to run any tests I enjoy that kind of thing. 

59 minutes ago, nosillacast said:

If you want me to run any tests I enjoy that kind of thing.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Also can’t wait to get this working on my iPad Pro 11. I purchased a course on the app through Udemy and am busy learning how it works. I’ve halted until an update comes out to get the full screen goodnes!