You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find, Replace All causes Crash

What version of which OS? Which version of the Beta? Finally I know it says "...bugs ... on Mac but I have to ask: Windows or Mac?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Aaron Martin

I'm not getting this I'm afraid what sort of words are you replacing? are they usually on regular pages or master pages? Is it a large amount of words you are finding and replacing? Do you have a document that does the reliably for you every time that we could take a look into?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I've also given this a try (1.7.0.162) on Mac OSX 10.13.6, iMac 4GHz i7, 32gb Ram.

I can't replicate it - I made a text frame, filled it with latin text and then searched for the word 'Lorem' and replaced it with 'HALOO' (well, why not?!) - no crash. I've attached the file I used in case anyone wants to try it on their machine. Here's a screencast of what I did:

Hope that helps.

Find_and_replace.afpub

Okay, I've just opened your file and tried to change the number 8 to number 4 and was able to replicate the error. I've attached my error log to this message.

This was on my laptop which is running Mojave (my office iMac is running High Sierra). Spec of the machine is below:

1696983530_Screenshot2018-11-13at20_55_40.thumb.png.0df69ce715259540a392c60351c173bc.png

Below is a screen capture of the error:

Error Log

4 hours ago, Aaron Martin said:

This is a sample file i made, its just one page (much shorter than the file im working on) but the error (Crashing) still persists. i tried replacing any amount of letters in tables with different input (for example replace all the "8" with "2" and it still crashes.

Fint:Replace File.afpub

Crashed here with Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-13-143344_Bruces-MacBook.crash

I tried the replace with a "," and it would replace but not Replace all. I am not sure how to get the "،"

4 hours ago, Aaron Martin said:

"،" (thousand indicator in arabic numerals)

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.