jrkay

Page changes angle by itself

This happened to me, I don't know what I did to make the page do this and I tried to find a way of changing it, without success.

Maybe someone would kindly tell me what I did wrong or preferably how to put it right.

Thanks

John

cover page.afpub

Hi jrkay,
You probably dragged one of the corner handles of the text frame bounding box (when you move the cursor over them coming from the outside it will switch to a rotate cursor before switching to the scale cursor - dragging at that point will rotate the frame) or the one on top centre (detached from the frame).
Select the text frame, go to the Transform panel and set the Rotation (R label) to 0 (zero). Not sure why you are using a text frame as the background(?) for the page. A rectangle shape would probably more adequate?

Yes MEB, I did as you said and it changed the text frame to the same angle as the page was but didn't at that time do anything about the angle of the page itself. It was the page at an angle I need to change.

This sorted itself out by reloading the publication and it has straightened the page by doing this, so to you, on loading it, the page would have been square. Nothing I did before could change the page itself from this stupid angle to the square one I expected it to be. I wish I'd made a screen grab of it the way it was. Hopefully I won't do that again.

John

If it happens again....

Right Click on a blank area of your document or on the canvas and you should see a Reset Rotation command

You will also see Rotate Left and Rotate Right

Apparently, none of these commands should be in Publisher so expect them to disappear in a future beta or final release

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Thanks Carl,

that worked exactly as you said, I must have done this unconsciously without knowing what I was doing, a common state of mind nowadays.

John