You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I love some of the new items within Affinity Publisher, I’m trying to pass over some of the files from PagePlus X9 .
At present trying to load 35 chapters of an unfinished book into a new setup. I have cleaned the text up prior to pasting into new document set up. Overall, getting there, I still get some formatting glitches. The latest one is the drop cap, it doesn’t work as your video instruction.  Frustrated because I am trying to do a drop cap on the first paragraph, and the problem being I have a one line title 2 lines above, and that is the one that keeps getting the drop cap.  I altered some settings and now it will not do any, even though the drop is set to 2.  I type in drop cap with Affinity Publisher help search … nothing. Trying to find out what I’m doing wrong here.  I love Serif Affinity Photo and Designer programs and had legacy programs for years, but this has been the most difficult to convert to. Using Windows 10   More help files please.

Hi Whisper3

You should be able to simply place the carat in the paragraph you want to apply to drop cap to an enable it on the paragraph panel. It will only apply to the start of that paragraph unless you've applied the drop cap to a text style that is applied to multiple text items

Also I'd just make sure that the line you want the drop cap on is a new paragraph. If it's separated by line breaks instead this does not count towards being a complete separate paragraph. Drop caps always applied to the first letter of the paragraph not the line. You can check this by enabling show special characters in the text menu to see if a paragraph mark is used at all.

If you are still not able to apply the drop cap where you want then I would need to see the actual document to find out what is happening here

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.