You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Failed to save" error

Just now, Chris_K said:

Hi ConnectCreative

The team have already identified and solved this issue and should be pushing out a new build soonish. This is basically related to having embedded document in picture frame on the master page

Cheers

Ah, brilliant, thanks for the update. Guess I can get around it by removing the offending item off the master page for now then.

This is usually when the file is being accessed by something else or open in another application. I could be a case that it being on a cloud drive there is still something being used by the app like a backup copy. Closing the app would release this. I'll have to look into this one a bit more to see what might be happening

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi there

I have the same problem here,  as well as connectcreative. but i dont have any embedded files in the masterpages. only linked pictures.

just for Information.

And publisher will be our new layout program for our office. great work. keep it up.

greets chris

Have the same error: can't save. I've actually changed the pics into embedded ones. But nothing to do with the master page.

Edit: The pic seems to be the problem: When I delete it from the page I'm finally able so save the document.

3 minutes ago, Sabine 108 said:

Have the same error: can't save. I've actually changed the pics into embedded ones. But nothing to do with that master page.

Out of interest are you using Google Drive or a cloud based backup that runs in the background? 

I've also found that there appears to be no relationship between master page items and the crash too.

No Google Drive or a cloud based backup running, just working on the hard drive.
See my edit note above: I can save after I deleted the pic. Although it was the same background pic that I used on another page in the same document.

Edit: I placed the same image afresh, and saving works now.

Another edit: After copying the fresh placed image, I'm unable to save again.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.