You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Super/Subcript position

Hi Headway you can select the characters and use the baseline option on the character panel to shift them up or down. The sub/super script form the typography section depends on what typographical options that particular font supports whilst the other drop down forces this state on the characters if it is natively supported or not

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 3:55 PM, Chris_K said:

... The sub/super script form the typography section depends on what typographical options that particular font supports ..

Could you name me one or two fonts that have these typographical option? I have no font having these options and there a quite a few installed. In most cases the superscript is doing fine, but the subscript is placed too low for my taste - I assume it is 58.3% of normal font height and lowered position by 33.3%. Of course I could define a Character Style, but I would prefer an extra setting (like in ID).

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Could you name me one or two fonts that have these typographical option?  

My free fonts have superscripts and subscripts.

• Superscripts are aligned with top of Cap Height
  • Subscripts are aligned with the baseline
  • Scientific inferiors bisect the baseline 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.