debraspicher

[Fixed] First time printing with Affinity Designer: Strokes won't print at random sizes

I tried this with Fit to Printable (this one)... Shrink to Printable...

Not exactly what I was expecting. There's one side that has a very thin black line within the border... if it matters.

Designer Version 1.6.5.135

stuff.thumb.jpg.8168a480b69ada3b8a081660d021c324.jpg

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 17763)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3600Ghz; Mobo: Asus X470-PRO
16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Monitor 1: 4K @ 150%
Monitor 2: 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro

Does anyone know if this issue is known or what is causing it?

I tried creating a new document and repasting. The results didn't change. I also tried changing the document units from Pixels to Inches and it didn't affect the print.

I exported the original document to PDF and that printed fine.

I attached the "problematic" document: art-supply-plan_unprintable.afdesign

16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

If you change the 5 vertical rectangles' Join setting from "Round Join" to "Mitre Join" in the stroke settings then it prints OK but don't ask me why.

It initially looks like a bug, unless one of the Devs can explain why it "works" the way it does.

join.jpg

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi debraspicher :)

Thanks for your report, we're aware of an issue currently in Designer on Windows where stroke width is printed incorrectly on a rotated object and our devs are working to fix it.

I'll update their log with this thread, in the meantime it appears as though changing the join type does workaround this issue and I'll let our devs know this also, another option is to export to PDF and print this externally. Apologies for any inconveniences caused whilst we fix this.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:13 AM, Dan C said:

Hi debraspicher :)

Thanks for your report, we're aware of an issue currently in Designer on Windows where stroke width is printed incorrectly on a rotated object and our devs are working to fix it.

I'll update their log with this thread, in the meantime it appears as though changing the join type does workaround this issue and I'll let our devs know this also, another option is to export to PDF and print this externally. Apologies for any inconveniences caused whilst we fix this.

Good to know. Yes, these objects are rotated which explains that bug then.

On 11/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, carl123 said:

If you change the 5 vertical rectangles' Join setting from "Round Join" to "Mitre Join" in the stroke settings then it prints OK but don't ask me why.

It initially looks like a bug, unless one of the Devs can explain why it "works" the way it does.

join.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me! I will give the "hack" a try when I attempt to print again. I've actually been building something in my garage and this is the plans for it XD! So I've been a little bit busy.

16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950