You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity (almost supports Luminar 2018)

Hello, I just started using the Luminar triel last night.I attempted to use Luminar as a plugin, however I had some unexpected results. Is there a setting that I can change in affinity photo to fix this?

The photo first photo is what I had back in affinity photo. The second photo directly from Luminar. 

Luminar is so close to working correctly I am wondering if there is a setting in affinity photo to overcome this.

Sincerely,

--Jason

zouktestaf.jpg

zouktest-standolone.jpg

I doubt Luminar will work as you want it to. Do you get the grey screen saying Luminar is starting and then you have to close Affinity Photo?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

There’s some that work and others not, I can’t get luminar working as plugin with AP, either it crash or images look wrong. You can always save as .tiff and work on it in luminar, click save and reinsert your image on a new pixel layer and move on from there in AP.

here’s what I found on the forum regarding plugin

http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/mac/

On 11/11/2018 at 3:18 AM, firstdefence said:

I doubt Luminar will work as you want it to. Do you get the grey screen saying Luminar is starting and then you have to close Affinity Photo?

I didn't get that.  It was working fine when I posted this except for minor color issue.  It's gotten worse.   Thank you for the reply though.

Windows user seem to get a better deal re plugins than Mac users.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions