You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am very new to Affinity Publisher so it may be that I just have not approached the menusw correctly.

I regularly publish an 8pp A6 brochure, which I print 4 pages to view on oversized A4 paper, fold stitch and trim to size.  The two page spreads must of course be pages 1 & 8, 2 & 7, 3 and 6, 4 & 5.  

The four pages to view are 1 & 8 with 4 & 5. See illustration attached, likewise with the relevant inside pages.

I have been doing this for ages with Illustrator and Photoshop, but have been looking for a publishing program which can do the heavy lifting for me. the nearest I have got is the dreaded Microsoft Publisher which at least can deal with the 2 page spreads. 

Have I missed out somewhere that Affinity Publisher can do this?

PAGES.tif

Edited by Searcher1851
Clarity

Create the document with the A6 page size, most likely with facing pages enabled.

After designing the document, go to File/Print:

• Set the paper size to A4
  • Under Document Layout choose Booklet.
  • Under Bleed and Marks, check Include printers marks at least Include crop marks should already be checked)

Thank you for helping, but your answer did not provide a solution.  After trying several configurations on the lines you suggested, The only result was to print 2 page spreads instead of 4 page spreads. The booklet option seems to work the same as in Microsoft Publisher - it sorts out the pagination but does not allow for the rotation of pages to achieve an imposition which will enable 8pp - fold - stitch and trim.

What I don't want to do is to set up the pages, drag them into Photoshop and place the pages correctly orientated onto a larger canvas or artboard.  If that is the route - which is what I do now, I may as well stick with Photoshop all the way through.

Thanks again for trying, 

PS I have "Notify me of replies checked" but received no notification that anyone had replied - so I apologise for not responding earlier.