You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tables with alternate coloured rows

Hi 

There are several ways to achieve this:
Simple

1.On Page, using the table tool create a simple 1x2 table and add colour/tint to each cell + edit borders to suite

2.. Select the table and use the dropdown in the Table formats Panel to .Add Format from Selection'

3. Click on newly created table format to edit as you wish

More Complex

1. Create new Table format (in table format panel)

2. Edit it Using the tools in Edit Table format Panel...Remember that initially you will need to create 2 table cell formats. and apply to each cell you want to style

3. Define layout:Stroke/fill/inserts/alignments

4. Add text Styles

5. Turn on Apply to selection if you want to visibly see the changes on page

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

2 minutes ago, Michail said:

@StuartRc was a little faster - and more detailed :)

Sorry!:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Hi

Many thanks for the replies.  It sort of worked.  I created a table with 3 columns and edited borders etc.  When I created a table with 5 columns it was ok but if I created one with an even number of columns the right hand border was not correct, please see attached.  Is this a glitch?

Many Thanks 

Diana

Table.afpub

On 12 November 2018 at 10:52 AM, D1ana said:

Is this a glitch?

I've added a Table Format called "Simplified" which should cure the problem you were having with tables with an even number of columns in them.

I've deliberately created the outer frame in red just so you can see where it is set in the Table Format screen

Table-fin2.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...

I'm not at a computer right now and haven't really delved into tables themselves much less getting those created styles into a new document. 

But, try just copying a formatted table into a new document and see if the table style and any associated paragraph and/or character styles and maybe any associated swatches come with it.

26 minutes ago, mrbips said:

The style does carry over but the actual table format is gone so have to readjust entire format if I want any changes (alternating colors etc.) 

Bummer!

That process works in the other layout applications I use so had hoped it was the same in APub.

12 hours ago, mrbips said:

Is there any way to carry table formats to new documents or do they need to be readjusted on every new doc??

The table formats panel has a little menu icon top right. There you will find 'Import Formats...'. This way you can 'pull' a format from another APub file into your new file and apply it to a table.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

35 minutes ago, dominik said:

The table formats panel has a little menu icon top right. There you will find 'Import Formats...'. This way you can 'pull' a format from another APub file into your new file and apply it to a table.

d.

Hah. I was going to revisit this when I got on the computer and spaced it out. Thanks for the follow up!