You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thumbnail size in pages manager window

The choices of thumbnail size in the Pages windows seem a bit strange. Large and medium are fine but the small selection produces very tiny thumbnails in a filmstrip down the left side of the window. They are  too small to see useful details, and also there does not seem to be a way of spreading them out as the other sizes do. In Page Plus the size is variable which is much more convenient. Is there any method of altering these pre-set sizes? If not is there a chance that a thumbnail about half the size of the current small one could be included. It would then be much easier to organise the pages as many more could be seen in the window.

5 minutes ago, trevorm said:

The choices of thumbnail size in the Pages windows seem a bit strange

Funny that. I always thought that the medium sized pages are too big. I wanted it to be half the size between small and large.
At the moment, they are much closer to the large size.

However, this is really a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

15 hours ago, Seneca said:

Funny that. I always thought that the medium sized pages are too big. I wanted it to be half the size between small and large.
At the moment, they are much closer to the large size.

I assume this is very closely related to the display's resolution. I have to use the large thumbnails on a high resolution display, otherwise I couldn't recognise not much.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

8 hours ago, dominik said:

I assume this is very closely related to the display's resolution.

Well, I run Publisher on the latest iMac but find that the Medium icon size is much closer in size to the Large icon. That's why I thought it might be better to have something that is exactly half way between the Large and the Small page icons display.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

26 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Well, I run Publisher on the latest iMac

Then, I'm sure you know what a high resolution display looks like ;)

26 minutes ago, Seneca said:

but find that the Medium icon size is much closer in size to the Large icon.

Now I understand. On my Windows it seems a bit the same. I keep them at large. There could be some more options at some time in the future, but as you say yourself 'this is really a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.' :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil