You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug: Double-click handles to fit to contents broken for Picture Frame

Testing with an image dragged into a picture frame object dragged from the Stock panel into a rectangular Picture Frame object.

Double-clicking the horizontal and vertical resize handles will snap the Picture Frame bounding box to incorrect positions outside or inside the picture instead of fitting it to its edge, irrespective of the scaling option chosen for the Picture Frame object.

Also, double-clicking corner handles currently does not fit the frame to its contents, only horizontal and vertical handles offer that behaviour – I don't really see a reason why fitting a frame to its contents should require two separate actions for cases where the user wants to do this on both axes.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a bit OT, but whatever I do, I can't get the picture to resize with the frame. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

@Chris_K: Oh I see, that explains it – thanks! Got confused by how this works in InDesign. In that case, is there a way to fit a frame to contents? And why does double clicking the handles in text frames fit those to the text, at least vertically? I'm not getting a square frame. I have to say in it's current form, it's a bit confusing with this behave differently between text and picture frames.

@PaulEC: Try clicking the "Properties" button in the tool options bar with the Select Tool or one of the Picture Frame tools selected and selecting one of the scaling options. If this doesn't work as expected, it's probably a bug. Works fine for me.

Edited by Peter Werner
Answered based on text in E-Mail notification by mistake

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.