You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo on iPad Pro is getting slow....

hi to all.

I’m using an iPad Pro 10,5” with iOS 12 (not beta), yesterday updated to 12.1.

I’ve purchased this wonderful app since about a month and I’m using it intensively all the day for work making artworks for print (CMYK, file size about 4000x4000 px @400dpi with a good number of layers, file size about 108 mb). Everything worked fine and smoothly until yesterday, when the app starting lagging with a work responding to the specifics noted above.

It seems that the app doesn’t have enouh ram (but it’s only a my guess) because when I zoom in and out the image takes about a second or two to show it properly scaled. Also when I select a different brush menu it takes a few seconds to load and display it. Every time I zoom or pan the image I have to wait a few seconds to make a stroke.

All this is starting to happen just yesterday, after an entire month where I worked wonderfully and without any lag with other files roughly of the same size.

What could have been happened? And most important: how could I fix this issue? is there any “cache” to clean anywhere or something else?

Thanks for the attention.

• Staff
On 11/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, bilboudo said:

how could I fix this issue? is there any “cache” to clean anywhere or something else?

There isn't a cache to clear.  If you've saved/exported and backup up everything on the Home screen of Affinity it might be an idea to uninstall and reinstall it.  BUT please 1st make sure you save anything on the home screen as these would be removed when you uninstall Affinity.  Once reinstalled, open some of the files and see how Affinity functions

I suppose that if I uninstall the app I will lose also every brush and font imported and any setting, right?

I would like to avoid to lose all the settings (the files are all saved in my macbook), but if it could give some results, I’ll try it.

However should be a problem if every tot works I should have to unistall the app and redo every setting.....