You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Don't know, if it really is a bug or not. Not sure, because I first thought it has sth to do with monitor profiles. It only occurs with the attached external monitor. With notebook screen only everything okay.
I noticed it when I placed a logo-eps of a customer.

I wouldn't have listed it here if it hadn't been okay in Indesign!!

I create an eps in Affinity Designer. Blank Background (white), black empty rectangle, into this rectangle I place a rectangle, filled with white. Store it as test01.eps. I started wondering, when in Affinity Designer, the workspace background was yellowish and the white rectangle the same.  (That's not nice, but consistent, because both yellowish.)
When I open it in Adobe Illustrator, everything okay (white background, white rectangle)

Then I open Affinity Publisher, place the test01.eps. The workspace is okay,  white. The inner (should be white) rectangle is shown yellowish.
No matter, if it is linked or embedded, no matter if it's preview mode or not.

Placing the same test01.eps in Adobe InDesign, everything is okay and white.
Exported pdf out of Affinity Publisher, everything is okay and white.

In Affinity Publisher, the workspace background is white, but the colour swatch is ..... yellowish!!!!!! Showing CMYK 0/0/0/0

See attached screenvideo and example files.

??????????????????????????????????????????

additional hint: If I open the file, before attaching the 2nd monitor, everything is working fine and white as it should be.

test.pdf

test01.afdesign

test01.afpub

test01.eps

I believe there's a known problem with all the Affinity applications when you have multiple monitors attached and they have different color profiles. No fix available yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I believe there's a known problem with all the Affinity applications when you have multiple monitors attached and they have different color profiles. No fix available yet.

Hm, could be. It seems to affect Publisher and Designer, I didn't try with A.Photo until now. If I open the file, before attaching the 2nd monitor, everything is okay.

11 hours ago, Chris_K said:

HI Mark us

This is very much a monitor profile thing. If you change it to be sRGB then you will see the yellow go back to being white

Thanks

Hi Chris_K, thank you very much

hmmm, the monitor was calibrated with Datacolor Spyder. After assigning an sRGB Standard Profile, white is now nearly white.

But with InDesign and Illustrater, the Calibration-Profile was no  problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.