You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher and 4 x 6 index cards

I'm a long-time InDesign user and really want to switch over to Publisher. One of my main uses of ID is printing on 4 x 6 index cards, and I am having an extremely difficult time duplicating this in Publisher. 

My difficulty is printing. I can set up the card, get the formatting and everything, but no matter what I try, I cannot get the card to print correctly. I've tried landscape, portrait - it doesn't seem to matter. Then, after misprinting on the card, I will try and print and the card processes through the printer and NOTHING is printed! 

I'm using a Mac, High Sierra and an HP LaserJet Pro 400 printer.

I would welcome any suggestions. I really want to make this work and switch.

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: I just installed version 1.7.0.206 and once again cannot print on the 4 x 6 cards. The card feeds through the printer, but absolutely nothing prints.

If anyone reading this could try and replicate my problem, I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

This is called a regression.

Until they fixed it and add a unit test to ensure it stays that way this may flip with every version.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

• 4 months later...

re. latest download 1.7.0.337.

Once again, I was trying to print on my 4 x 6 cards. Only this time, by mistake, I had it set up to print on 5 x 7 cards and it printed just fine, only margins, etc. were off. But it printed. So I tried the 4 x 6 cards. Nothing. It processes the card through the printer, but nothing prints. I'm using a Mac, Mojave 10.14.5 and a HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color printer.

If I save the 4 x 6 card from Publisher to a PDF file, then open the PDF file in Acrobat it prints just fine.

I can set up a 5 x 7 template, adjust margins, etc, so that it prints correctly on a 4 x 6 card, but I don't think I should have to use a workaround?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing? Or is this just a bug?

Many thanks for any input.