You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit global color to spot/overprint after saving it to swatches

In the swatches window I can add the information "spot" and/or "overprint" to global colors. So far so good. But how can I add "spot" to a color later?

If I want a (spot) color to also overprint, I can do that in the right click menu.

1304990781_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-09um20_25_43.png.8efabec2cd733c21f738f9a2c94ede6f.png

But vise versa it is not possible? In the edit view I can just choose to change the color itself but not add the attribute "spot".

656472306_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-09um20_27_08.png.036cd6574e39066d6bf56246ffacaffe.png

Coming from InDesign it is the other way round. Overprint is something you added as an attribute to a fill or an outline an which was just a click away, I wonder if Publisher does something similar to the spot option for a color? I hope it is clear what I mean...

313843341_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-09um20_31_11.png.7f5d8ce355856f05c5fef40a3837d9db.png

(german version, the checked box translates to overprint outline)

21 minutes ago, MEB said:

Currently there's no way to set an existing colour as a spot colour.

Will the ability to change an existing colour from spot to global/cmyk and vice versa be added in a future update?

This does seem a restriction, as it stands at the moment.

Coming from InDesign it is easy to change the colours between Spot/cmyk, very useful if someone has added lots of spot colours to a job whilst they are designing it, and you need to change those to cmyk to stop them from outputting to separate plates.

Will the ability to show the overprint in Publisher be added at some stage?