You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frame Text Tool - Leading Override

I have created a doc with a number of text frames in a previous version of the beta. I'm now updated to v1.7.0.162. 

I have an issue with adjusting the Leading Override whereby the text does not change when the value is changed. It will only jump to between some of the values. I have created a screen video to demonstrate. I have also created a new doc after downloading the latest update and a text frame in this file works perfectly. This is also shown in the video (afpub_bug1)

The other problem I am having with text frames is on my existing doc when I drag a frame around the text jumps like it is snapping to certain lines, even with snapping off. Meaning I can never align it to a pixel. In a new doc the text frame moves as expected and can be aligned fine (afpub_bug2).

Either I have a setting set somewhere that does this or there is a bug from an earlier version of the beta that's carried itself over into the latest release. When copying the text frames from the old doc to the new one the frames work fine.

Hi Quinwolf

It's very difficult to tell without being able to look at our file but does your old document have any snapping to baseline grids applied either locally or as part of a text style? the grids do not always need to be made visible to be able to snap to them. I feel something like this could be the cause and if it was saved in an older file maybe explain why it does not occur in a newer one as these are off by default

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.