You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when opening file in Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.162

• Staff

Hey Eelco Grimm,

The developers have fixed your file and can hand it back to you if you need it.

They have however asked me to see if you can recall anything else you were doing other than adding guides and removing a text frame as this crash has been occurring for a while but we haven't been able to find a reproducible recipe.

Were you working from a recovery file at all? Any additional details (even if you think it's small and irrelevant) will hopefully let us get to the bottom of this!

Cheers :) 

Please send it back to me yes, my email address is in my account info.

I was not working from a recovery file. What I did is I opened a pdf (that I am trying to copy into Affinity) and copied element by element into the 'template' document. At a certain moment I focussed on the master page and copied parts in that, including text frames. I bumped into the strange behavior that I was not able to edit the text in the text frame of the master page anymore and then the crashes started. I read about master pages and watched a tutorial. Apparently Affinity recommends to only add guides to the master page, not text frames (I already had wondered how I could learn the master page to flow text to beyond the last page of the master - I actually added such a link to a document page and copied that into the master page). So first I updated to 1.7.0.162 and then I tried to add guides and remove the text frame from the master page, and the next thing that happened was that Publisher crashed whenever I tried to reopen the document.

I hope this helps

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.