You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opened a project created in previous version, did some amends and Publisher failed to save... (Screen grab of Panel that appeared is attached below.) I was also unable to do a 'save as' - the same panel appeared... As a work round, I created a new document (same size etc...) and copy/pasted all items from original document to new document. Document contained an overall bleed image and Publisher still refused to save this new version. I deleted the image and Publisher did allow me to save this... Once this was successfully completed, I could re-insert the background image and Publisher DID allow subsequent saving. I also found the margin editor would not always allow me to modify the position of the margin guides, for example, they were set at 25mm as a default, when I accessed the Margin editor, it said they were at 10mm... It took repeated attempts in order to change the values.

Screenshot 2018-11-09 at 10.33.55.png

Hi Jason. Just re-started the Mac and it appears to be working okay now - I'd be keen to hear if the problem resolves itself if you try doing this yourself... (Almost crapped myself though - the document I'd been working on has 24 pages and most of them had already been completed, as such, this initially looked like a major nightmare.)

I'm getting this same problem - Save, Save As, also tried saving to a completely different hard disk, still won't allow me to save my file....

I'm on Windows 10, PC.

I've had to uninstall and reinstall the previous Beta - I'll report back if that now, for whatever reason, refuses to save.....

• Staff

If you are in this situation we'd be grateful if you could check whether you have 'Save with Document History' turned on. If so, try turning it off.

Any other information such as you trying to save to network shares or USB sticks would also be useful.

Also, if the original document is already on disk and you are trying to open it and save over it then posting the document could be very useful.

Thanks Adam. I use a Mac and all my work is stored on a LaCie separate drive (USB). This has never previously presented any problems... Obviously, this is still in BETA and, as such, great to have you guys there to assist. Thanks again!

Fonts
auto activation

if fonts auto activate while opening a document fonts aren't displayed correctly
only reopening the document helps

it seems to be better with Publisher already open and worse if opened through double clicking the document
better: most or all fonts displayed correctly (2nd attached image)
worse: no fonts displayed correctly (1st attached image)

testfile shows fonts layer above layer with fonts converted to paths
publisher 1.7.0.162 fontexplorer x pro 5.5.1 os x 10.11.6

edit: maybe this is a timing issue? ... off topic – Designer doesn't auto activate at all.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-09 um 16.19.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-09 um 16.20.21.png

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

2 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi qollop

Does your file that did not save contain anything like an afphoto/afdesign/afpub or PSD file on a master page at all?

Cheers

Hi Chris. No, not on a Master page... There are overall bleed images on all the document pages but not on the master. Regards.,,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.