You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Link to OSX version 1.7.0.157?

Hi,
I have big problems with «save/save as» in current Publisher Version 1.7.0.162 (see: saving issue).
At the end I had to reinstall an older version. Unfortunatelly this old version is 1.7.0.145.
I don't know how old this is and if this eventually expire and stop working.

So I'm looking for the last version 1.7.0.157.

Do you have some working link to Affinity Publisher for OS X version 1.7.0.157.
Would be great, you could share this.

Thanks
Martin

1 hour ago, mad99 said:

So I'm looking for the last version 1.7.157.

AFAIK, there is no version "1.7.157." There was an older 1.7.0.157 version (see this topic) & the current one is version 1.7.0.162 (see this topic).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hey R C-R,
thank you for the information. Will change all posts.
Unfortunately I can't find a link to the previous version in your link.

Maybe I'm blind. But the Links is relativ to the latest beta-version [https://affinity.store/update/macos/publisher-beta/1/]
So in both links I will get the newest version 1.7.0.162.

Maybe you could push me in the right direction, or direct my focus to the right place.

Would be great!
Thanks
Martin

2 hours ago, mad99 said:

Maybe I'm blind. But the Links is relativ to the latest beta-version

You are not blind (except maybe for overlooking the "latest version" in the links). Remember, these are customer beta builds, intended for users to use to find & report bugs that have not yet been discovered, & for stimulating discussions/suggestions regarding what features should be added or improved for the eventual retail product. They are not intended for commercial use, or for any other use where instability or data loss is unacceptable.

As such, there is not much  point in continuing to use an older version once a newer one supersedes it, since the newer one should have fewer (or at least different) bugs than the older one.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi mad99,

We'd be grateful if you could check whether you have 'Save with Document History' turned on. If so, try turning it off.

Any other information such as you trying to save to network shares or USB sticks would also be useful.

Also, if the original document is already on disk and you are trying to open it and save over it then posting the document could be very useful.

---

There is no problem with you downloading and using version 157, but please be aware because we always want people testing the latest version the betas do expire. Version 157 will expire early next week.

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

There is no problem with you downloading and using version 157, but {...} Version 157 will expire early next week.

That sounds a lot like a problem to me, but what do I know? 9_9

Affinity Photo 

16 hours ago, AdamW said:

There is no problem with you downloading and using version 157, but please be aware because we always want people testing the latest version the betas do expire. Version 157 will expire early next week. 

@R C-R: That sounds a lot like a problem to me TOOOOO!
@AdamW: WHY the Hell?

I understand: Affinity will expire the beta, to sell the Beta-phase the «non-Beta». BUT WHY THE HELL in such a short a time?

####################

PLEASE, do change your practice, so at least the previous version will survive 2 following versions! 

Proposal for calculation:
exipreTime = releaseTime + 3x releaseIterations

If your plan is publish all 4 Weeks a new beta-release. The second-last beta will expire 2 x 4 weeks after the release of latest version publishing-time.
So when every four weeks:

Affinity Publisher Beta_1.7.0.162
Release Date: 05.11.2018
Expire Date: 05.02.2019

Affinity Publisher Beta_1.7.0.157 (previous)
Release Date: 05.10.2018
Expire Date: 05.01.2019

Affinity Publisher Beta_1.7.0.149 (second-last)
Release Date: 05.09.2018
Expire Date: 05.12.2018

That would give the possiblity for your BETA-Tester to use at least 1 or 2 (if previous also has a fundamental bug) version back.

AND for the business there is only 2-times of your release-time to make monetisation.

Official BUY-Release:
Affinity Publisher 1.8 (BUY-Release)
Release Date: 05.12.2018

Last BETA will expire 05.02.2019
####################

Im sure, your product will be (and is) such amazing, everty Beta-Tester will buy the price (if this is not extremely overpriced compared to «photo» and «designer»!
All other, not willing buyer will have only 2 month (2 releaseCycle) left to have an amazing Beta-App.

Cheers
Martin

@mad99: Betas expire because as @AdamW has already explained, they want people testing the latest beta version, not older ones. This is so the testers can report any bugs they find so they can be eliminated before retail version is released -- that is why the title of this sub-forum says "Report bugs in Publisher beta for Mac."

These betas are not intended to be 'try before you buy' promotional products -- they are unfinished, missing features that will be added before the retail & (presumably) the trial version of the retail app are released.

Affinity Photo 

Thanks R C-R
OK, I see your point of view.
But to be honest: I guess, I'm not the only one, who was waiting a very long time to the release of Publisher (or currently the BetaApp).
And yes I use it for work with all the risk. I love the current state and have to deal with the risk and on the other hand I do beta-testing and reporting bugs.

So, a little bit longer expiring-time would help to go step back if there is some bug, that makes the software totally unusable, or like this time does not allow to save the current work (What is  almost the same in the first glance).
With the older version it works still fine. And Publisher-Beta would be still usable. until the new bug-release will fix the problem.

!!Be assured, I don't want to mess with an old version!!
FOR SURE: I will update until the new release is out. This time manually, because there is no way-back in the App. Hope this will fix the save issue.
Then If all is working, I will delete the Affinity Publisher Beta_1.7.0.149 and have fun.

Pity with the short Expiring time -> But anyway - it was only a wish or feature request.

Thanks anyway for all the work:x
Cheers
Martin

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.