You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Last update - can't save files

After I made the last upgrade of Affinity Publisher Beta yesterday, I can't save my fils anymore.

I can export it as PDf and open afterwords in Affinity Publisher to go on with my work. But I'can' t save it as Affinity file!

That's a problem.

George

• Staff

Hi, do either of you have File > Save History with Document switched on? If so, does turning it off help?

Any other information such as you trying to save to network shares or USB sticks would also be useful.

Also, if the original document is already on disk and you are trying to open it and save over it then posting the document could be very useful.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, JFisher said:

I think it has to to with the items that I have importet. If I import an item written as Affinity Photo document this problem occures. If I take out those items, I can save the file again.

Also If I export the item as jpg or tiff.

Try.afpub

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-13 um 08.49.31.png

I got this error too.

I found out what caused it and a workaround:
I had placed some .svg files in the project. That worked fine. When I duplicated the layer folder with the svg's and used them again with different settings I got the same error and couldn't save my file. If I deleted the duplicate folder and instead placed the same svg's again, I could save once more.

I hope it help if your problems was caused by something similar.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.