You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo with new ipad pro 2018 11"

• 2 weeks later...

Im using Affinity photo on the ipad pro 2018 . I was expecting to see a noticeable increase in speed with the newer faster processor. But unfortunately i see no difference from the 2017 ipad pro ... Also in the layers panel some thumbnails such as after “merge visible” take quite some time to appear . Are you working to fix these issues ?

Regards

Zaheer

• Staff

I'm afraid no. We do not do any performance timed testing. Just bear in mind that we still have a few issues that we're currently working to fix:

• Frequency Separation Can add a tone and will cause redraw with transparency if cancelled
  • Haze Removal - Applies a tone to the image. Cancelling causes redraw issue with transparent background
  • Gaussian Blur - Blur is removed when applied
  • High Pass - Image goes entirely grey
  • Maximum Blur- Image vanishes and leaves a transparent background
  • Minimum Blur - Image vanishes and leaves a transparent background
  • Twirl - wrong context toolbar and missing preview in the Filters Studio
  • Unsharp Mask - Effect is removed once you confirm the filter

Hello! Just got my new iPad Pro 11” and I’m super excited to use the iPad version of Affinity Photo for sketching on the go. It would be extremely useful if I could use the split screen feature with my photos app for reference images on the same screen. Right now I can use photos as a slide app, but I have to constantly slide it over to change brushes, etc. 

Thanks for developing the Affinity suite! I’m so happy I’m not chained to Adobe anymore. Can’t wait for Publisher!

Tricia

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:54 AM, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid no. We do not do any performance timed testing. Just bear in mind that we still have a few issues that we're currently working to fix:

• Frequency Separation Can add a tone and will cause redraw with transparency if cancelled
  • Haze Removal - Applies a tone to the image. Cancelling causes redraw issue with transparent background
  • Gaussian Blur - Blur is removed when applied
  • High Pass - Image goes entirely grey
  • Maximum Blur- Image vanishes and leaves a transparent background
  • Minimum Blur - Image vanishes and leaves a transparent background
  • Twirl - wrong context toolbar and missing preview in the Filters Studio
  • Unsharp Mask - Effect is removed once you confirm the filter

Hi Any update ? did you fix all the above? i am ready to buy my new iPad pro 11 only to use affinity but i don't know if i will get more benefits compare to the previous version . is also the current affinity version full screen? thanks

• 2 months later...