You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity and older versions of Nik software

One of the reasons I thought I'd try Affinity Photo was because it was supposed to accept Photoshop plugins - Nik software in particular.  I paid lots for my Nik software and I can't get it to run with Affinity Photo.

I'd hate to buy it again so can I ask where things are at with regard to this software ?

I saw a site somewhere that spoke of the plugin compatiblities and Nik at least seemed to be in the same state of compatibility 3 years ago (2015) I thought.  Has there been a bunch of work gone into this that I haven't seen ?

I have Nik Collection by Google installed and plugins work very well

Dell Precision T7910, 2x Xeon E5-2630v3, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro K6000, Dell UP2716D, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO
Dell Precision T3640, Xeon W1290, 128 GB RAM DDR4, Quadro RTX 5000, Eizo CG319X, Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Pen Tablet, WIN 10 PRO FWS
-----

Graphic software: Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher - Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat - Zoner Photo Studio - Topaz Gigapixel Ai, Denoise Ai, Sharpen Ai

Has anything changed?  Last time I checked, color space and bit depth issues were still rampant with the “old” Nik suite, especially with Viveza and Color Efex, the two tools I mainly use, rendering AP's alleged support useless for me.

Thanks for the support I do appreciate it.

I ran through the video and I ended up with only one plugin showing, that being Analog Efex Pro 2 and I believe the version is 1.2.11.

Have I got a version of the Nik software that is too new ?  If so, I'll need to get an older version somehow.

Cheers,

Steve

On 11/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, swmcl-affinity said:

If it is the case that I cannot run the Nik suite, is there a replacement ?

Bearing in mind I am using very large files (up to 11.2Gb per image) at full 16bit per channel  (large format - 8x10 - photography).

I believe the (old) Nik plugins only work with 8-bit images.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 5 months later...

Unless I am mistaken I am being asked to pay for a Dropbox account and allow access to the team at Affinity.

Hmmm.

I'm not sure I should be responsible for your R&D costs.  I think Affinity could afford to pay for or setup a similar account and give temporary permissions to the guinea pigs who test the software for you for free.

Not reasonable??

15 hours ago, swmcl-affinity said:

Unless I am mistaken I am being asked to pay for a Dropbox account and allow access to the team at Affinity.

Where are you being asked to pay for a Dropbox account? You must have used Dropbox if you have tried to upload a file, even if it failed. Dropbox (or something similar) is almost always always the best way of transferring very large files, even ones of 11Gb. I can only suggest that you contact Dropbox, since that is where your problem seems to lie.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

15 hours ago, swmcl-affinity said:

Huh? Have forgotten about this earlier post by @GabrielM? You were asked to upload your tiff file to Affinity's Dropbox account, not one you have to pay for.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 hours ago, swmcl-affinity said:

You are mistaken. You were being asked — six months ago! — to upload your file to any file-sharing service of your choice.

Many file-sharing sites (including Dropbox) offer basic services for free. Take a look, for example, at WeTransfer.com and Filebin.net.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, swmcl-affinity said:

A single file is larger than a number of the services mentioned will allow.  My Internet account is rather tight also.  I don't live in a world of infinite usage nor speed.

Understood, but 6 months ago you were just being asked if you could upload a sample file to the Dropbox account Serif is paying for.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7