You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.162 crashes placing PDF files

Auto-upgraded to the latest .162-version. Documents with placed PDF are crashing now constantly. New documents are also crashing most times when placing any random PDF (X-1 and X-3 from Indesign or Illustrator, Word-exported PDF, ...). I also tried to reset the preferences, but no success. Under the previous version it worked for me and tehre where no crashes. Is threre something specific to (placed) PDFs in this version or anything I can do as workaround? I attached a crash-log.

PS: using Designer to place PDFs just works.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-11-08-234637_Markus-iMac.crash.7z

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Sorry, to be specific:
AP .162 crashes every time if I try to move and/or try to duplicate a placed PDF with the alt-key. If I open an older document that contains such duplicated (linked) PDFs then it crashes, too. If I do the same with a JPG image it doesn't crash. So I think there is a problem with placing, embedding/linking PDFs within this version of AP. For the crash test I simply used a X3-PDF I made from within AP and placed it again. On the duplicate+move with the alt-key it rumbles away ...

PS: Strange, within the placed PDF the preview of the file in AP sometimes disapears. See the AP crash-document with the placed file - no preview on my side.

PPS: The preview-mode (^w) should be available in AD, too - it is really, really helpfull!

PPPS: Tried in on different iMacs with macos 10.13.6 and the lates AP.

placed screenshot within AP.jpg

Testfile AP crash.afpub

Testfile AP crash X3.pdf

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.