You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashed while Placing .ai logo

On 11/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, Clanks said:

The program crashed while placing a .ai  logo

This appears to be a .ps file and not an .ai file.

I've downloaded your attachment and created an .eps file and Publisher can import it without any problem.

Check it out.

CC_Vert_cmyk.eps

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Using Windows it places or opens fine.

My Mac handles it differently.

As soon as I download the attachment it tries to open it with a PDF reader but it can't.

So it saves it as a .ps file.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

15 hours ago, vonBusing said:

@Seneca: For some reasons, Safari will add a ps extension when downloading the ai-file. If you remove that extension, it will be imported normally to APub beta or AD. Downloading via Firefox doesn't change the extension. 

Affinity Photo won't open with the appended ".ps" but will open the file once that is removed. And the finder shows just a generic document icon, no preview with the ".ps" extension but a preview is there once it is removed. I really hope Apple fixes Safari, the last two updates are wreaking subtle, but nasty all the same, havoc on my machine.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, Seneca said:

This appears to be a .ps file and not an .ai file.

I've downloaded your attachment and created an .eps file and Publisher can import it without any problem.

Check it out.

CC_Vert_cmyk.eps

Thanks.  Something still odd.  When I download in Firefox, it opens as .pdf.  No need to respond, this is all above my pay grade.  I'll wait.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.