You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm taking an online course and instructions are given for Photoshop, so I've had to figure out how to do the same things in Affinity Photo. Most of the time it is easy, but I'm having trouble with the custom brushes. I want to take part of a photo and make it into a brush, so I've figured out that I have to use "New Image Brush". It only seems to work with png files, so I am opening a photo, selecting the part I want and exporting it as a png file. Then opening the Panel Preferences and selecting "New Image Brush" and opening the png file that I saved. Even though my png file was 718 px square, the brush is only 64 px. This all seems like a very clunky way to do it--is there an easier way? And how can I get a brush that has definition at larger sizes?

Thank you,

Nancy

See ...

... which do show you various aspects and possible options (change colors etc.) for creating your custom brushes.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

16 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See ...

... which shows you various aspects and options (change colors etc.) for creating your custom brushes.

That's good to know. If I want to be able to change the colour, I have to create the brush as an Intensity brush. If I want to save the colours in the original file, I have to create an image brush. Or create one of each when creating brushes. Lots of features, and lots of practice needed. Thank you.

Nancy