You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What are you doing that's not working?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello Walt,

In the previous version, when i got into the text frame, the "tab" slider showed on top of the frame. In this newer version it appears this is not the case anymore.

Do I need to change a setting or something?

I now use the Tab Stop in the "paragraph" menu, but i like the visual slider.

11 minutes ago, Franky Drappier said:

then, when the answer turns out to be so simple, one feels a bit like a boob.

It's a complex application, and it's easy to forget some aspect or other :)

(That's also why we'll often need more of a description of the problem in order to provide answers or suggestions.)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're absolutely right, Walt. I should have been more clear. Thank you for your help.

It's true that the program is very complete and impressive allready. In hindsight I'm glad Affinity didn't rush things and delayed the release of publisher a few times.

Just a little bug here and there, nothing major.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JPSports said:

I'm confused. How can you add Tabs and how do you fill tab stops with things like dots. The program is nice but I seem to be hunting for everything in areas that make no sense

ex

John Doe ……………….16

Jane Doe...……………..12

Does the following post help at all? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you for your reply.

This is far too complicated.

In any program I have worked in. There is a "Tab" drop down box or whatever you call it. It's called "Tab"

There are options to put leaders from the text to the place you put the tab. I would like to put "dots."

I am inputting football team scores. For example.

School A

School B

School A ……………..(tabbed to here) 16

School B...…………..(tabbed to here) 21

When I hit the "Tab" key, it inputs the dots and jumps to the place I want the tab.

PP was easy because I just clicked on the ruler where I wanted the tab. There has to be an easier way to do this in Publisher.

Thank you so much for your response and time.

Menu View > Show Text Ruler. There set your tab. With control-click on tab this options appear:

fill tab w glyph.jpg

p.s.: "(...) hunting for everything in areas that make no sense"
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/65-discussions-and-suggestions-for-affinity-publisher-beta-on-desktop/
There is more How to ...

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

If you're talking about text in general, not indexes specifically, you can open the Publisher Help, put the word tabs in the search box, and the first entry will instruct you how to set tab stops in two ways.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.