You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD Export Error - Text Not Editable

I love affinity designer on iPad so much and its mind-blowing to think that this is the only workflow i use to create bulk of event visual from start to finish. But I got one concern.

Because i am collaborating with other designers and sharing them my PSD file done in AD is a problem.  I dont if im just not aware if there is any settings for this but is anyone having the same issue when you export a design layout as PSD and open it on Photoshop that all the text are expanded as object even if you set up you export setting as PSD - Preserve Editability.

Thanks in advance for the response.

• Staff

Hi zvlek and Welcome to the Forums,

At the moment we text is rasterised in PSD when exported from Affinity.  So you are not doing anything wrong, it's that we can't currently write editable text into the PSD format.  It's something the Dev team would like to add but due to the lack of documentation with the PSD format, it will take some time.