You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 1.7.0.162: PDF import bug

When you import a PDF into a block, you only see part of the image, you can not see the entire image (you have to replace the document). When replacing a PDF file with another PDF file, crash. There was not this problem with version 1.7.0.157

Same here, I've tried loads of pdfs, I get an initial flash of the whole pdf, then it kind of crops to the top left quarter of the pdf (approx), can't re-crop to show the whole file - double-clicking reveals the whole pdf going off the page, it can be resized from there to fit the page - I've tried pdfs as small as a business card, also full A4 page pdfs, single and multi-page pdfs - same result for all.

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

Same Here. When I paste the pdf I get unformatted text in a page size that bears no relation to the original pdf. It appears to be importing as an image, because I cannot do anything with the imported text. I can't even select a portion of it as an object to cut; I can only cut the entire import. I have attache the pdf I am trying to import.

November 2018 update.pdf

1 minute ago, lgoodwin said:

Same Here. When I paste the pdf I get unformatted text in a page size that bears no relation to the original pdf. It appears to be importing as an image, because I cannot do anything with the imported text. I can't even select a portion of it as an object to cut; I can only cut the entire import. I have attache the pdf I am trying to import.

You should be able to double-click on the placed PDF which will then open it in a new tab.

I see that each line of text is placed as separate. Any attempt at editing first requires that the box containing the line of text be changed to allow for additional characters. There is no flow through to subsequent lines. Definitely a non-desired behavior.

And I should add that depending upon the application and its PDF routine, there will be text runs (the individual lines of text in the PDF) that have success being "stitched" back together to lesser/greater degree of success.

So reopening that PDF in PagePlus will create text frames fairly well, as will other more mature applications.

BTW, I am up north from you a ways...assuming you are also from Springfield (the subject of your PDF...).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.