You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can the old assets of PagePlus X8 or X9 be imported into the Affinity Suite?

1 minute ago, MEB said:

You have to place the assets in a DrawPlus document first then export that document to a format that Affintiy Designer recognises, like PDF or SVG or a raster format for images.

Right now I have PagePLus open on my macBook and the only option for export is as Publication1.ppack. There is no other option to export in any other format. In the Save AS Type it says: Asset pack files (*.ppack)

Therefore once I export it what can I do with it if I cannot open it. It is a 6.8MB file but I cannot think how to open it other then re-importing it back into PagePlus.

48 minutes ago, Al Grasso said:

Found it now and looked at the list:only iOS10 and Grade UI: Basic Elements.

As Miguel has indicated, the entire Grade UI Kit is available as a separate download:

55 minutes ago, MEB said:

You can also get/download the Grade UI Kit offered in one of the pages in the horizontal slider in the Welcome dialog  (menu Help ▸ Welcome... in Designer) as an extra.

Here’s a direct link: https://affin.co/gradeuikit

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, Al Grasso said:

Right now I have PagePLus open on my macBook ...

Since all the Serif Plus apps are Windows only, can we assume you are using Boot Camp or a third party solution to run Windows on your MacBook?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Since all the Serif Plus apps are Windows only, can we assume you are using Boot Camp or a third party solution to run Windows on your MacBook?

Correct, I am using Bootcamp and also I can run Windows10 on my iMac5k using a small SSD on which Iloaded Windows 10 To Go therefore I don't need to use Bootcamp on my iMac.

3 minutes ago, Al Grasso said:

Right now I have PagePLus open on my macBook and the only option for export is as Publication1.ppack. There is no other option to export in any other format. In the Save AS Type it says: Asset pack files (*.ppack)

Therefore once I export it what can I do with it if I cannot open it. It is a 6.8MB file but I cannot think how to open it other then re-importing it back into PagePlus.

When you open the assets pack in PagePlus, the assets become available for dragging onto one or more pages of the current document. Once the pages have been populated with the objects that you want, publishing as PDF will mean that you just need to open the PDF file in AD in order to use the objects contained therein.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

When you open the assets pack in PagePlus, the assets become available for dragging onto one or more pages of the current document. Once the pages have been populated with the objects that you want, publishing as PDF will mean that you just need to open the PDF file in AD in order to use the objects contained therein.

Yes I agree and I already explained that this procedure works also with the .svg format. And have done so. However, repeating this task for all the assets is quite time consuming. Hence my original question as to why the Affinity Team, who have made available a large set of assets for working on the iPad and iPhone apps did not include also a general set like those that were available in the Windows versions of Plus?

7 minutes ago, MickRose said:

What we need is some kind soul to make a multipage PDF or just copy & paste from PagePlus to Publisher & then make asset files and share them on the forum. Anyone interested?

Never having bought or used any of the Plus apps, I don't know if there might be any restrictions on the use of Plus assets by those who don't own those apps, but it is probably something worth checking on before anyone tries doing it.

Apart from that, I am guessing exporting all the usable Plus assets to one .afassets file could result in a huge file few users would be interested in downloading, so (assuming there are no licensing issues to worry about) it probably would be better to create multiple smaller .afassets files with various types of assets so more users would be interested in downloading just the one(s) they might want.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, R C-R said:

Never having bought or used any of the Plus apps, I don't know if there might be any restrictions on the use of Plus assets by those who don't own those apps, but it is probably something worth checking on before anyone tries doing it.

Apart from that, I am guessing exporting all the usable Plus assets to one .afassets file could result in a huge file few users would be interested in downloading, so (assuming there are no licensing issues to worry about) it probably would be better to create multiple smaller .afassets files with various types of assets so more users would be interested in downloading just the one(s) they might want.

I agree completely with your comments regarding license and multiple smaller .afassets files. In my suggestion I was assuming that Serif owned the right to those asset files as they were issued with all their versions up to PagePLus9 and the other Windows Plus programs. But I accept that I could be wrong. However, from a product viewpoint, it seems to me that its omission leads to poor product strategy and a big disappointment to the customer base of the old products who fuelled the revenues of Serif to help them navigate to the new Mac platform thus renewing and substantially expanding their total market with the presence of the Affinity Suite for both Mac and Windows desktops and the mobile versions for the iOS devices.

From this viewpoint, therefore, I feel disappointed and hope that Serif reads these comments and takes action on them. 

• 5 years later...

I recently transferred this image from DrawPlus X8 as an SVG file and found the quality to be very good indeed. It worked very well in Affinity Designer and the other apps, so well done Serif.

It is quite a large (complicated) SVG but retains all the details from the original DrawPlus sample image file. This we can work with.

A low-quality JPEG is also included so you can see approximately how it should look.

This is only included for demonstration purposes (fair use) and not for any infringement of copyright. I am impressed with the compatibility.

I would love to know how to create this, or something similar, from scratch using Affinity Designer.

Teddy Bear.jpg

Teddy Bear.svg