You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Highlight

There is a problem with the Text Highlight in the Guides Manager and possibly other places where the Highlight is black so it's impossible to see what's being typed.
This hasn't changed since the last beta.

1384920400_Screenshot2018-11-07at22_26_38.thumb.png.602eab2e5b17f3b3d1039b52eb4d8eaa.png

And in the EULA. Yes, I checked that too. :D

1956534852_Screenshot2018-11-07at22_26_53.thumb.png.38ea83c78130a5b1b3e97fa82246d7aa.png

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

I am not seeing this at all. Sierra here with nice blue highlights and clear EULA (took a while to find that, and then I nodded off for a bit reading it).

31 minutes ago, Seneca said:

There is a problem with the Text Highlight in the Guides Manager and possibly other places where the Highlight is black so it's impossible to see what's being typed.
This hasn't changed since the last beta.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

I am not seeing this at all.

That's very strange. I reset all preferences by holding the Control Key down on Publisher startup and still I don't see any changes.

Will investigate it further. It looks as if the problem is only on my computer.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

9 minutes ago, Seneca said:

It looks as if the problem is only on my computer.

Do you have that 'Dark Mode' available on your machine? I have heard about different sorts of problems with it.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

31 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Do you have that 'Dark Mode' available on your machine?

I tried the following:

MacOSX Light Mode + Publisher Light Mode = Success

MacOSX Light Mode + Publisher Dark Mode = Failure

MacOSX Dark Mode + Publisher Light Mode = Success

MacOSX Dark Mode + Publisher Dark Mode = Failure

So the only way for me to see the EULA black on white is to have Publisher in Light Mode.
Which in spite of all odds indicates that this has nothing to do with MacOSX dark mode.

Bizarre.

14 minutes ago, Seneca said:

So the only way for me to see the EULA black on white is to have Publisher in Light Mode.
Which in spite of all odds indicates that this has nothing to do with MacOSX dark mode.

Bizarre.

I would say it is Dark Mode being wrongly applied by Affinity Publisher (and probably the other edge cases I have heard or). But most importantly Why are we reading the EULA?

12 hours ago, Seneca said:

only way for me to see the EULA black on white

You could try clicking in the field containing the EULA, using command+A to select all, command+C to copy, then switching to a text editor or word processor and pasting into a new document... with a word processor you should be able to view it in any color you want, within the limits of the display being used.

:ph34r:

Hi Seneca

This very much an issue with the app on mojave. There are a number of elements like this which have crept in because of changes to xcode support and Dark Ui being change slightly for the Mojave dark mode but we are working through solving them

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

You could try clicking in the field containing the EULA

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I wanted to read EULA. I've read it already earlier. :)

My point was that there are issues with some fields showing the highlight black. EULA was one and the Guides Manager was another.

49 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

There are a number of elements like this which have crept in because of changes to xcode support and Dark Ui being change slightly for the Mojave dark mode but we are working through solving them

Thank you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.