You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding Vector Texture to a Clipped Fill?

Hey guys,

First off, I'm grateful for such a wonderful community of helpful experts. Thanks!

I'm struggling with a Sticker design - MikeW was kind enough to help me diagnose a few issues with it, and I don't want to bug him anymore! 

What I'm Trying To Do:

- I have a filled curve (logo) that I want to add Vector Texture to. Somethink like a vintage or grungy speckled look. I'm having a difficult time getting the texture to only mask to my Logo Layer. 

Can yall help? It's makin' my head hurt.

Attached is a png of the texture I'm kinda looking for, and the Designer File.

How can I take the texture (hidden layer in AF file), and apply it to just the Fralin Logo?

Thanks!

Desired Texture.png

Final Vintage Sticker Logo.afdesign

Hi, Sackadelic,

1.  Standard operation. Nest the texture in the logo curves.

!But, the texture is black, and so is are the logo letters. Add inverse adjustment. Then nest. Kind of works. Change blend more to add. Reduce size, duplicate, and shift position, because the texture is rather sparse. Better. But the inner glow fx on the letters over draw the nested layers. Reduce the fx.

Or, just subtract the vector texture from the vector letter logo.

See attached.

Final Vintage Sticker rev1.afdesign Final Vintage Sticker rev2.afdesign

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hi @Sackadelic It takes less than a second on my Mac

912696585_ScreenShot.png.58170786e1e2fefbbff9504be709513e.png

1342206856_ScreenShot1.png.117dc0052e692cb1cb91eb958740f625.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Like firstdefence, about a second. Noticeable, but not important. Actually, I was a little surprised, considering there were about a bazillion tiny curves to be subtracted.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

@Sackadelic Just wanted to point out that you have an FX on the main logo which ensures that it will be rasterized on output, so not sure if wrestling with a million little vectors is worth it.
And, if rasterization is inevitable why not consider some of the great artistic brushes in Photo (if you have it) which, imho, get you closer to the desired effect.
2122926259_ScreenShot2018-11-07at5_19_33PM.png.c7fa5b36854af9b84634e4232268555c.png

Otherwise, if you want to keep as many elements as possible vectors, then you might want to try and separate and isolate the FXs as their own objects.
IOW, if you create an independent object with the blur effect inside the main logo then "Fralin" itself will remain a vector.