You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.162

I'm also unable to install 1.7.0.162 - same messages as above, tried multiple downloads (no issues downloading) and clean reboot before installation. Just the blunt 'setup failed' message with no further information. And I'm using 'run as administrator' just in case. 64-bit Windows 10 Pro - and I do note that most of the failures above seem to be Pro rather than Home?

On 11/9/2018 at 8:44 AM, Larsene said:

If you want to test this version, you can try to install it through the "real" MSI installer with this command C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /I "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\ea9a37cc-d147-11e8-9648-0050b6654c57\Affinity.msi" /L*V "C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\affinitylog.log" REINSTALLMODE=vamus

(adapt the paths for you computer)

This will work.

I can confirm that the Installer does not work for me when called directly (see attached Setup.log and SetupUI.log) but works just fine when calling it directly (msiexec.exe /i Affinity.msi /l*v log.txt). All logfiles are attached for reference. I'm using Win10, Version 1803 Build 17134.345

log.txt

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

I have just looked on the other thread pointed too by Katie1348 and a user has uploaded a 1.7.0.162.exe file that had been sent to them by Serif. It does seem as though the Download files that a few of us have been getting are corrupt.

BTW this file did update my install.

Dond:10_wink:

Windows 10 Pro, 8th gen i5-8250U, 8gb ram, 256gb PCIE SSD