You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.162

This is the first update that failed...

Checked my windows app log and found:  "..Product: Affinity Publisher Public Beta -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Main.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Downloaded the beta again (same size) and install was succesfull.

...During the failed update i got a Windows "smart screen for Microsoft warning"

Regards

I am also unable to install v1.7.0.162 - although it has removed the previous beta version.

Installation showed progress bar and then  a "set up failed" error. I downloaded a 2nd time after logging in to my account and had the same problem. I have subsequently restarted the PC and same issue again. Previous versions of the beta have been fine. Reinstalled V1.7.0.145

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.107

Yet another failed installation here. Prior installation deleted, now I have nothing ( I stupidly deleted previously downloaded versions!) Can we please have an updated installer ASAP, there is obviously something wrong with this one judging by the number of failed installations.

I have just downloaded the latest beta 1.7.0.162 to replace earlier beta, I get the following error once the file is downloaded

The signature of affinity-publisher-beta-1.7.0.162.exe is corrupt or invalid :(

when I try to install it fails, now I have no publisher to try...… gutted. any suggestion please.

I'm also having installation problems - it goes through the installation process & then says 'Setup failed' having removed the previous version.

Rebooted computer twice & redownloaded the installation file again, but no difference. Total no of failed installations so far = 5. Giving up now.

Using Windows 10 Pro.

Setup failed.png

For what it's worth - AP installed just fine on both my studio laptop and my office machine. I had/having absolutely no issues. That being said, I am a stalwart at keeping these machines clean, clean, clean.

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64
Version:                      1803 (OS Build 17134.376)

7 hours ago, Srinivas Gunakala said:

File not saving hanging frequently

and Exit when Alt Click on Image to duplicate

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Srinivas Gunakala. :)

This thread is specifically about installation issues affecting Affinity Publisher beta build 1.7.0.162. Please create a new thread for your bug report.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Having failed to install on desktop with W10 Pro, I've now also failed to install on my Surface Pro 4 machine (basically a small laptop). 

Using Edge as browser, after downloading the Downloads tab says 

"The signature of this file is corrupt or invalid"

Trying to run it causes Windows Defender Smartscreen to throw up a blue window saying it's prevented the file from running, but gives an option to override & run it anyway. Selecting that option allows the file to run but at the end of what looks like a normal intallation process, it just gives the error message 'Setup failed' (as in screenshot in previous post).

It has of course uninstalled the previous version of Publisher so it's completely vanished from both my computer.