You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot quit AP, have to kill it

AP does not quit gracefully anymore.  Every time I try to exit the application I get a dialog that says:

Quitting

At least one file is currently being opened.  Please wait for the files to load before quitting the application.  

However NO files are being loaded.  There must be something messed up and I bet it's easy to fix.  Any body know how to fix?

Capture.JPG

Start while holding the control key and clear the settings (the top three defaults will do), hold the key down until the window pops up and click clear. gets rid of a lot of accumulated cruft.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi I have this message too, I have tried your suggestion above and still has the message, prior to this I had a not responding and upon AD restarting recovered the file. I am guessing its looking for the file (no hard disc activity) so is it really looking for it but if it is, not sure where the recovery or temp files are ? Any Ideas Cheers Garry 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 12:20 AM, Old Bruce said:

Start while holding the control key and clear the settings (the top three defaults will do), hold the key down until the window pops up and click clear. gets rid of a lot of accumulated cruft.

Tried that, cleared the first 3 items.  Could not close the app, same problem.  Killed and restarted and the problem continues.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I believe HVDB is correct - Delete the temp folder

Unruly temporary files maybe ?
%appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\temp
If so clean up the temp directory ...

I ended up posting to some AP facebook page and got a very rapid response but can find that post.  Perhaps it was deleted in favor of creating a positive image or I am just a searching noob?  Whatever - DON'T clear your setting as suggested -it won't fix the problem and you'll have to set your AP up again, it will wipe out any plugins you have

I did clear out some directory, probably the ProgramData one and that DID resolve the problem, as I suspect, some file is sitting on the hard drive making AP think that it is loading a file when it is not.  Without a file on the file system or an entry in the registry how would a restart cause a program to think it had pending work?