You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It would be very useful to have 2 additional commands under the View menu's zoom section:

1. Fit Height would zoom the view to fit the height of the current image

2. Fit Width would zoom the view to fit the width of the current image 

Thanks for your consideration and all the amazing work you do.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

On 11/7/2018 at 2:57 AM, ronnyb said:

1. Fit Height would zoom the view to fit the height of the current image

Hi @ronnyb,

if I understand you correctly CTRL+0 does fit the hight of the current image already.

I do not know of a way to fit to the width of an image, though.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Hi @dominik,

CTRL / CMD + 0 Fits the entire image to the view, taking into account horizontal AND vertical dimensions and scaling the view so the entire image is visible.

I'm asking for independent commands for fitting the view horizontally or vertically. This comes in handy, for example, if working on a large panoramic image, like for a billboard. I wud like a command to Fit Vertically in the window, and then I can scroll/pan horizontally to navigate the image. This is much different than using CTRL/CMD + 0, as the billboard image would be tiny on my MBP screen; I end up having to manually zoom over and over....

30 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @ronnyb,

if I understand you correctly CTRL+0 does fit the hight of the current image already.

I do not know of a way to fit to the width of an image, though.

d.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

This is not a shortcut, but you can adjust the zoom to the height or width of an image or just a part of the image: hold down the "Alt" key and draw a thin rectangle whose length corresponds to the size of the area to be displayed.

The attached gif is made in AD but it also works in AP.

Zoom.gif

44 minutes ago, ronnyb said:

This comes in handy, for example, if working on a large panoramic image, like for a billboard. I wud like a command to Fit Vertically in the window, and then I can scroll/pan horizontally to navigate the image. 

Hi @ronnyb,

now I understand your request. I tried it and this is indeed not possible at the moment.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil