You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug in align functionality makes objects dissapear

I noticed this problem several times but it was not easy to replicate every step to reproduce it. Anyway, her we go.

1. select 2 objects
  2. align them with 'alignment' options
  3. press command-z to undo (while leaving the align panel open)
  4. click outside the align panel
  5. object that you selected first will disappear

(extra command-z will fix it)

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-06 om 21.30.47.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-06 om 21.30.53.png

Absolutely something hinkey here. Only happens for me if I select with the (arrow) Move Tool and shift click on them. This bug will be related to your other hassle. Check your layers studio while doing this, I had the second object shoot out to the far right side where it had never been and it took two undoes to bring it back. Still Safari here.

43 minutes ago, dries said:
  • select 2 objects
  • align them with 'alignment' options
  • press command-z to undo (while leaving the align panel open)
  • click outside the align panel
  • object that you selected first will disappear

I would say there is some underlying code getting or setting bad values when we undo after the "align them with 'alignment' options".

And sometimes it is just to the page boundary that it moves.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi dries

This is technically working as expected. You object isn't disappearing it's just being aligned to the top of the page.

The history panel helps explain this. Until you click on Done or click off the panel anything selecting in the align pop out is not actually committed, at this point it is a preview. So during your undo step what you are actually undoing is the selection of multiple objects, as this was the last committed history step, therefore leaving you with only a single object selected. You then click off the flyout to commit the align, which as it is a single object, with those setting, will align to the top of the page. you will see the same behaviour of you just straight tried to align a single object without the other steps.

So in this respect the app is actually do the correct thing

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

6 hours ago, Chris_K said:

So in this respect the app is actually do the correct thing

Okay, massively counter intuitive though.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.