randomjames

Swatch Search Crash

33 minutes ago, randomjames said:

Hi Affinity,

Whenever I click in the search field in the Swatches panel Affinity Designer and Photo crashes. 

Works fine for me, I am on Mac (see my signature for more details).

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

27 minutes ago, randomjames said:

Happens every time

Try reseting/clearing the application by quitting and then starting while holding the Control key until the Clear settings window comes up. This gets rid of a lot of cruft. Just use the default setting on the clear window at first, if the problem persists then we'll try again.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

Thanks, I just tried that, no luck. This is what comes up in the Crash Log:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007ffee10bcea8
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [5354]

Hi randomjames,

This is a known issue to us but one that is hard to reproduce.

This only happens with a Touchbar (as far as we know) and I have only ever been able to reproduce it with the Accessibility Keyboard enabled.

The good news is I cannot reproduce the crash in our 1.7 Publisher beta with the Accessibility Keyboard enabled. So I'm hoping this will be fixed for those of you who don't even have the Accessibility Keyboard enabled but still get the crash.

Please resurrect this thread once you get a 1.7 build of Designer and Photo if you can reproduce it. You may also want to try the free beta of Publisher if you haven't already:
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/publisher/

Cheers :)