You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I create a unique shadow layer.  I think in Affinity is the onlyest way, to coloured and gaussian blur the cut image for under layer?
In PS I have the option to create a own layer from the level style. Something like that goes with affinity? In this simple example, it is not a problem,
but there are complex scenes of where it would be a great help. 

Thanks for your Ideas
Alexis

test-shadow.JPG

test-shadow-2.JPG

test-shadow-3.JPG

It can be done on Windows by copying the object (with the shadow effect on it) then using Paste > Special and selecting Portable Document Format.

Two new separate objects will be created, the original object and it's shadow layer.

I do not think Mac users have the Portable Document Format option so they cant do it this way

shadow.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi BarbWire,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The correct menu is Edit > Paste Special then select the format we want (in this case Portable Document Format) in the dialog that will appear (Windows only - Paste Special is not available on macOS).
What Affinity version are you using (menu Help > About) on Windows (i suppose)?