Hi,

i need "nested formats". Hope they will be integrated. E. g. if i layout a "Menu" then i go with tab to a defined Position and need there an other Format for the Text. Like the sample below.

Description e. g. Glass of milk                                             200 ml                               1,80 €  

I want the Format for the Text changes if i insert a "Tab" or other defined operations.

The specific example seems more appropriate for a Table than for a Text Frame, in my opinion.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The specific example seems more appropriate for a Table than for a Text Frame, in my opinion.

A one liner like this is not a good example of using a table, in MHO. You could, of course, use a table here if you wanted to but it would really be an overkill.

The example above is mostly used in catalogues where each product has its own line of specs. In a book catalogue you could have Number of Pages, Dimension, Price, etc.
In cases like these automatic paragraph styles are a god-send. You only need to deal with text and nothing else.

Whether you prepare your text outside of a publishing application or not you can format the entire text in one fell swoop.

Of course one could use a script to format all the tables, if a given application supports, it but that wold be an extra step and potentially a lot of extra steps.

In cases where a catalogue calls for a number of lines per product a table might be a better solution.

InDesign calls this feature "Nested Styles" - I use it all the time and is a major time saver once you've set it up. I especially like it for menus... Menu item name in one format - tab - menu price in another format - forced return - item description in another format.