mike jungwirth

Windows 10 & Placed .afdesign Files

hello people,

i'm using affinity designer - latest version - and windows 10 with 32 GB ram and a gforce gfx 970 card and it's VERY VERY slow when i'm typing some text or move things around the workspace. is there anything wrong with the gforce or did i miss some settings?

in performance settings i switched to gforce 970 and FAST preview setting but it's slow as hell.

---------

next thing i didn't find anything in the forum is: i have a few afdesign files and i want to link them in one master file. i created a artboard file and PLACED them. when i want to export this master file is empty. it seems that affinity designer can't export placed (linked) afdesign files to pdf? as soon as i raster those placed files it's working - but i want to keep the ability to edit those placed files. there is no option to write scripts or set "raster everything before export to pdf" button :(

is there any solution to it?

thanks a lot for helping me out. mike

1 hour ago, mike jungwirth said:

does anybody have any solution for this "place/link" export to pdf problem please?

Would not it be better to give this "query" to the thread with queries, and not to report errors? Maybe somebody will answer you.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.195.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

Hi mike jungwirth,

Welcome to the forums :)

On 11/6/2018 at 5:36 AM, mike jungwirth said:

i created a artboard file and PLACED them. when i want to export this master file is empty.

This is a bug we're aware of that affects embedded documents with artboards. If you embed a document without an artboard it will export correctly. We're working to fix this asap!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues within Affinity, could you confirm what CPU you're using? Resetting Affinity may help the issue, you can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:22 AM, Dan C said:

Thanks for that, did resetting Affinity to default values help here at all?

hi there Dan. thanks a lot for this hint. I pressed STRG and started the app while resetting everything. It worked fine.

now it's pretty smooth with everything. nice, thanks again!

On 11/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, Dan C said:

This is a bug we're aware of that affects embedded documents with artboards. If you embed a document without an artboard it will export correctly. We're working to fix this asap!

Hi Dan. Could you tell me when this bug will be fixed? :) I really do need this feature working on artboards and I guess some other users too.

Thank you

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike!

This issue has been fixed in our latest 1.7 beta, you can download this from the link below.

Apologies for not updating this thread sooner, as the fix was made in Publisher I had not received the notification for the fix in Designer :)