You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is probably in the wrong place - but it's sort of a bug tho....

Doing a simple file to get used to APub. Long time Quark and Indesign user.

1. Placing an image? At first it appears that the images were imbedded. Then APub asked if I wanted to link them instead - to help with file size. I said yes. Now it's missing an image that I have no idea where it is. The names seems to have been changed. Also I'm not finding a window to list all of the placed images- so I can select them, find them or edit them. Possibly the layers file serves that purpose, but how do I find the missing image?

2. Placing an image. I'm used to the images always being linked and that seems to be the best idea especially if multiple files will be using the same linked images. Please make that a default or choice at the time of import.

3. Editing a placed/linked image - will that be coming when the apps Photo & Designer are updated? I don't see a way to open the linked images from inside APub.

--- OK I see the Edit Document now. Which is great but the Document is imbedded.

4. How do I chose to make APub link to images instead of imbedding them? It shows that images and Affinity files are imbedded by default.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, George3 said:

chose to make APub link to images instead of imbedding them

This option is selected when the document is created - it is on the New Document dialog.

You can change it after the document is created from Document Setup.

Also. How to I chose to make APub link to images instead of imbedding them? It shows that images and Affinity files are imbedded by default.

2 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This option is selected when the document is created - it is on the New Document dialog.

You can change it after the document is created from Document Setup.

OK. Thanks.

That is selected but the placed files are still imbedded.

On the layer it says (imbedded document)

:(

Please have a look at Document > Resource Manager … to get a list of all linked or embedded media. There you can also relocate and embed linked images, or choose a folder for turning embedded images into linked ones. Furthermore, you can update linked images manually. :)

Default behaviour can be set in the Document Setup or in the New Document dialogue, as already indicated.

Hmmm.... OK APub knows it's linked (even though it says it's embedded) and recognizes if the file has been changed outside of the doc but... there isn't a request to update on the actual doc. So, that's isn't great. I do see a "Replace Doc" but that isn't the same as telling me a file has been modified outside of the APub file. 

I made some other changes to the external file and APub stopped telling me it has been updated.  more :(

11 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

Please have a look at Document > Resource Manager … to get a list of all linked or embedded media. There you can also relocate and embed linked images, or choose a folder for turning embedded images into linked ones. Furthermore, you can update linked images manually. :)

Default behaviour can be set in the Document Setup or in the New Document dialogue, as already indicated.

OK. Got it. Thanks. A little cumbersome but that works.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.