You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange Problems with pdf export

Hi,
I run into several Problems when Printing a PDF file from a testdocument of an architectural contest broschuere, i try to rebuild to analyse publishers possibilitys.

The Document contains about 140 Sides,  (the Original indesign file has got about 190 Sdes...),  and i just wanted to print out a pdf.   So i selectes export pdf X-4 and reduced somewhat the Raster DPi.

Well .. first , when opening the document my memory print allready jumps up to about 4 GB . The file only contains linked files, so i think everything gets loaded to the memory.

But while Printing, my memory goes upt to about 27 GB.. which realy is very high..  maybe, because Architects put many Printed Florplans as Pdfs in their Broschures ?  In Indesign they are rasterised, while the Affinity products try to import vector datas which....  for Architects realy isnt needed because you won´t open them to change them in Affinity... you allways do this in Cad Programs that by far more suitable for such a task. 

Now it took realy long..  to print it.. 

and also when i printed, i saw that there are some objects printed with a subtile cross inside of it.   for example my embedded Icons. So how can i get rid of them.

Also..  why does the printing process take so horribly long and produce a memoryprint so big. ?   any ideas ?  

I put some images for clarifying.. 

thanks for help

publisher memory print.JPG

screenshot pfd export.JPG

screenshot embedded icons still crosses.JPG

screenshot embedded icons document source.JPG

Hi Tom Schülke

I cant really speak on memory usage without the file but we do have to  basically rasterise the entire image and essentially convert it to a PDF to print it which can take time if it is a very large document

Those crosses look simply like picture frames where you have dragged an object to be nested in it in the layers panel but you have not actually made the object part of the frame. As you drag an object onto a picture frame in the layers panel you get a highlight that goes across the layer name which will then associate that object with the picture frame instead of using the general layer ordering properties

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.