You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White isn't White!

Windows 10 Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 and Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.157. I originally discovered it when printing (you could just see the difference between paper white and the white gradient on my document). The value the dropper gives varies with the colour space of the document (as you would expect).

Thanks. Hmm.
I'm on the same Windows build as you, using the same Publisher build too.
I've just uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher and I'm getting some weird  - but similar to what I was getting before - results.
I'll add what detail I can to the thread I gave the link for above.
Maybe your issue is related to mine or they could be completely different, either way I'd say they were a bit odd.

• Staff

My dropper is reading 255 for RGB.  Are you able to record a video of your process at all?

There is some issues with the picker though as GarryP has mentioned. I can pick from the UI and document with accuracy but I asked @Sean P to try this and his picker is wildly offset from where the picker is placed on the screen. 

We really need to get to the bottom of this but without wanting to derail this post, I'll include further comments in the linked thread.

Certainly a different problem to the one I posted.
Did you notice that you were getting RGB 254,255,254 while over the gradient but RGB 253,255,254 while over the swatch? Not sure if it means anything but thought I'd add the observation.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.