You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reaction to Affinity Publisher - 1.7.0.157

@AdamW i finally got the last APub update downloaded and installed on my Mac and it's simply okay by it's first run.
1- Takes less time to load
2- Find out the pencil tool is even fast and presents less lag when drawing with stabilizer activated
3- The Pen tool react like a charm, i never such feeling when using the same tool with ADesigner (on MacOS i'm still stuck on 1.6.1)
4- The Rubber band mode is getting better and makes life easier when using the Pen Tool
5- i've noticed the presence of the sculp tool as a subfunction of the pencil tool and really appreciate it (i asked for that one without even knowing what it was for :D)
6- the interface is better than the previous one, much polished and refined, still using the same colors but when i looked twice i saw a difference in the polishment (Good job)

i know APub is not dedicated to vector drawing but it has some capacities to do that and i really appreciate what you have put together here but still...

1- to me there is no need of rounded picture frame tool if i consider the fact that you made the squared one roundable (corners can be rounded easily) so i wouls say no to that onoe but another inventive tool instead.
2- Eye drop tool is still unable to select a full gradient but only a pixel composing that gradient which is ...
3- Why is the Offset tool only present in the tabbed Fx studio and not in the layer effect dialog box/window, personally i tend to make more use of the window that result from clicking on Fx than the tabbed Fx studio itself. that tool itself makes it easier to create better shadows.

Maybe this is too much but didn't wanted to miss a thing, see you in the next Beta release.
Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff

I have moved your comments and suggestions to the correct forum. Please keep the announcement thread for comments on installing and problems running up.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon