You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I haven't used AD in a long time so please understand that I may not be using the proper terminology.

I dragged an .svg file into a blank screen

I wanted to find the exact size of the "footprint" of all the objects  which I have imported.  The "Transform Pane" displays the width and height of the selection "frame".  However, the frame is defined from the centerline of any stroke that  crosses the frame.  What need is to have the frame include the outer-edge of the stroke width.  If not then is there a setting for the stroke width to be positioned only to the inside of the stroke centerline?  Please advise as to the best way to go and let me know where/how to change either one of these settings.

This is important because artwork will eventually be exported to an exact pixel dimension.  The exports will be used as an icons in a WebBased Toobar and all the icons must have the same size/aspect ratio.

Capture for Affinity Designer Forum.JPG

Capture for Affinity Designer Forum ZOOMED.JPG

24 minutes ago, JSC said:

the frame is defined from the centerline of any stroke that  crosses the frame. 

Incorrect, the centerline of any stroke is where the centerline of the stroke is, it (the centerline) may be inside, on, or outside the frame.

You have to take into account the width of the stroke, so either place it inside the objects or expand the stroke and group the result. I would go with the former.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi JSC,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To set an object's stroke alignment to inside (for closed shapes only), click the width dropdown in the context toolbar (or go to the Stroke panel) and change the Align control to Inside. Expanding the stroke (menu Layer ▸ Expand Stroke) as mentioned will turn it into a shape thus including everything inside the bounding box too.